Our Langwathby Learners are growing up in an increasingly diverse society, this is something we want them to respect, value and celebrate.
As a school we have a duty to:
• Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act.
• Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
• Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
Our school places a focus on recognising our students as individuals.
All have the right to work and learn in a safe, secure and caring environment, in which they are valued.
In developing 'Langwathby Learners’ we are developing the attitudes and characteristics our young people will need throughout their lives. A 'Langwathby Learner' is kind, empathetic, accepting, respectful, responsible and proud.
We respect ourselves, each other and our community. The relationships which exist between all members of our school community are a strength of our school.
The School has a responsibility to broaden the horizons of our children and young people.
We strive to overcome disadvantage and stand against all forms of discrimination.
Our Equality Objectives
Our equality objectives, as agreed with the Governing Body are:
- To ensure that all staff receive up-to-date/refresher CPD so that they have the knowledge, skills and language to provide appropriate support in the context of their job role.
- To raise equality awareness with staff, pupils and families to ensure tolerance and respect towards individuals who identify with any of the protected characteristics.
- To ensure that the school promotes role models and heroes that young people positively identify with and who reflect and broaden the school’s diversity in terms of race, gender and other protected characteristics.