We follow the National Curriculum for Computing at Langwathby C of E Primary School. An overview of this is available at the bottom of this page. In order to ensure that our curriculum meets the needs of our children, we have invested in the online learning tool 'Purple Mash'. This ensures that children in our school have a full and varied computing curriculum that is fun and easily accessible. The curriculum aims to develop childrens understanding as they progress through the school and improve their confidence and independence with computers. Children can access the rich assortment of resources from home to continue their learning beyond the classroom.
The curriculum that we offer contains spefic outcomes for each year group in the following areas:
- Multimedia – which includes work on word processing, graphics, film making and presentational skills
- Programming – which includes learning how to control technology with algorithms
- Online – which includes internet research, emailing and websites
- E-safety – which covers how to stay safe while online and how to deal with different potentially dangerous scenarios
- Data – which looks at how to collect, present and interpret different data sets using spread sheets and online tools